As I write this I’m experiencing yet another extraordinary experience: rain in the desert. Most places, people get excited when the weather heats up and the sun shines, here it’s a newsworthy event when the rain starts to fall and the cold weather rolls in. Tomorrow we’re expecting a near artic 74 degrees (19 Celsius). I know that doesn’t sound too chilly, but compared to the 104 degrees (40 C) that greeted me upon arrival just a couple days ago, it’s pretty chilly.
In any case all this strange weather is perfect for writing since Phoenix drivers seem to think driving in rain is the same as driving in a blizzard. As for what to write about, well I’ve owed you all a bucket list for some time. So without further ado, here’s my list!
1. To go to Nepal and climb to the base camp of Mt. Everest
2. To go to Greenland and sea kayak along the fjords
3. To go to New Zealand and backpack around the country
4. To go to Greece and sail around the Mediterranean Sea
5. To go to Japan and hike the 80 temple tour
6. To go to China and walk the Great Wall
7. To go to Tanzania and climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
8. To go to Brazil and celebrate Carnival
9. To go to Scandinavia, ski and see the northern lights
10. To go to Russia and ride the trans-Siberian railroad
11. To go to Egypt and journey down the Nile
12. To go to Peru and visit Manchu Picchu
13. To go to Thailand and relax on the beach
14. To go to Antarctica and see penguins
15. To go to Easter Island and see the heads
So there you have it! Some of you have sent your own lists these last few weeks, but I’d urge you to repost them in the comments below for the enjoyment of everyone else. Also, if you have an opinion as to which of these amazing things I should do next, or something I left it out, feel free to opine about that as well!